OzBMXcentral
April 20, 2024, 07:04:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Please go to our new site at
www.ozbmxcentral.com
and join in. This is now our old site and it closed for read only for our members.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Tuggeranong Track changes for the 2009 ACT TITLES - What do you think

Recent Items
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuggeranong Track changes for the 2009 ACT TITLES - What do you think  (Read 2508 times)
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 08:22:49 pm »

The 2nd berm was fixed today and looks sweet  Afro

The Pro's will be able to rail the berm and pedal out straight into the Pro section at speed and the challenge class riders can use the berm to pump off to gain speed for their section. The riders that used to cut in on this berm will no longer be able to cut in under riders unless they want to enter the pro section. The riders that cut in under the others were always an issue on this berm in its old form as you had riders coming down the berm at speed just to have another come up under them tacking riders out. If they do this now it will be of a big disadvantage to them as you need to ride the berm as it has been designed too otherwise it will not work for you and slow you down.  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
griffo
GRIFFO RACING
Administrator

FELT ME UP BABY

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 11:53:31 am »

Grin Well done 2 all who worked on tuggeranong track on Saturday & sunday sorry i
bought  the rain with me Cry Cry The track is awesome the second berm is great,tricky but great
3rd straight u don't need to throw a pedal in 2 get the speed on it and the 4th straight is so much fun
u can jump, pump,manual and its cool i spent ages on that straight Evil Evil
  Thanks to all at tuggers track ill see you's all in a few month's for some more track work.
Hope u don't have any more rain Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

A BIG THANX TO OUR SPONSOR'S ,  FELT BIKES , BOMBSHELL FORKS,HUBS,RIMS, DOUGO AT BLACKMANS CYCLES,
TIPPO'S CYCLES AT NOWRA, LIPZ PANELZ,HEAL CLOTHIN &
STEEL MX GOGGLES
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 12:03:16 pm »

The track is all sorted and complete............hit it up today and it is smooth as  Afro

Even had a Cross Keys member from SA head over today to check it out and loved it.

We are starting to get a few Sydney riders heading down to hit it up as well, great to see and they all seem to love it  Afro

We have had a few AA Pros hit up the Pro section now as well so we now know it works  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
griffo
GRIFFO RACING
Administrator

FELT ME UP BABY

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 08:13:35 pm »

Grin Cool man, how does the 2nd berm work with the standard 3rd straight now Evil Afro
Report Spam   Logged

A BIG THANX TO OUR SPONSOR'S ,  FELT BIKES , BOMBSHELL FORKS,HUBS,RIMS, DOUGO AT BLACKMANS CYCLES,
STEEL MX GOGGLES
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 08:53:59 pm »

Riders will need to work on this and pick a line that works for them. As with most 90deg corners getting them perfect is not easy, the riders that get to Canberra a few days early and practice this corner WILL have an advantage for sure. I rode it today with the kids in a small pack and still found a good line out so I could get around the pack and that I could gain speed into the new 3rd elite straight.

This will be the make or brake berm on the track for the challenge class riders followed by the new technical 3rd and 4th straights. For the Pros hitting the Pro section the make or brake berm will be the 3rd berm.  Evil

Every track has something that riders will have a whinge about and at Tuggers it has always been the 2nd berm.  The track is still fast just more technical and riders will need to think about how they hit up each section.

We will see some great racing at the ACT Titles on what is now a National Title level track, maybe Tuggers should host the 2010 Aussies as the track is now ready and we can get access to parking for over 1000 cars  Wink

Oh and a Hotel group has just purchased land less then 5 mins from the track  Azn

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 08:56:28 pm by Wally » Report Spam   Logged
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2009, 04:50:22 pm »

Great to see Wardy at the track today hitting up the new sections and loving it Afro

Hay Phil where were you?
Report Spam   Logged
Phil Kaye

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 06:23:07 pm »

He said he wasn't taking his bike down  Angry He was supposed to be having a day with his missus and watching the MTB nationals. Bloody mongrel, I would have made a trip down.
Report Spam   Logged

Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 06:40:07 pm »

Hahahaha and you believed him   Roll Eyes

Best you head down for our 1st clubbie next Saturday  Afro

Report Spam   Logged
Phil Kaye

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 06:58:45 pm »

Mate I didn't want to be around as he needed to have a good day out with the wife. I will think about the clubbie. What are the details for it?
Report Spam   Logged

Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2009, 07:27:44 pm »

No probs dude.  Afro

Clubbie is also the 1st champ round for the club so should be a good one.

Clubbie day sign on starts at 1.30 to 2.30 with racing from 3pm, coaching and gates from 2pm.

Would be great to see you here, we also race on Feb 7th and 14th, no more then until the ACT's  due to the SR at Southlakes and the weekend before being a full working bee weekend.

If you need a bed let me know.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Phil Kaye

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 08:39:28 pm »

Will see what happens. I will talk to the wife after she has had a couple of wines on Monday  Wink Azn

Any updated photos of the track mate?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 08:42:38 pm by Phil Kaye » Report Spam   Logged

Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2009, 09:02:32 pm »

Wife took some last working bee so I will down load them and post them up tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2009, 03:18:31 pm »

ACT entries now all done on line today..... Afro

Report Spam   Logged
griffo
GRIFFO RACING
Administrator

FELT ME UP BABY

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 04:46:58 pm »

Mr manager R U racing? Afro Afro Afro The kids hope not cause all that good food u cook unless
we get nana williams down there Afro Afro Afro
Report Spam   Logged

STEEL MX GOGGLES
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 06:53:04 pm »

Me no race  Cry  , got to look after Felt Phil and our team (and keep as eye on the new member to be announced soon) as well as do club duties...  Cheesy

INDZINE will also be based from the Felt Bikes/OzBMXcentral team tent as well taking photo's for us  Afro
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 06:54:57 pm by Wally » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum