OzBMXcentral
March 29, 2024, 06:18:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Please go to our new site at
www.ozbmxcentral.com
and join in. This is now our old site and it closed for read only for our members.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Felt Bikes

Recent Items
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Felt Bikes  (Read 1079 times)
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« on: July 20, 2008, 01:59:05 pm »

Just interested in peoples thoughts on Felt Bikes, they are big in the US but not so big here. Just wondering why, I know they are not the lightest bike on the market but for an entry level bike thy seem to be priced OK and with a 3 year warranty apposed to the normal 6 to 12 months offered on other brands what is the real issue if any?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

griffo
GRIFFO RACING
Administrator

FELT ME UP BABY

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 08:17:27 pm »

Grin HI GUY'S IM A NEWBY HERE SO A BIG HELLO,

I HAVE 3 KIDS RACING WITH FELT BMX BIKE AND THE ONLY PROBS I HAD WAS MY DAUGHTERS WAS
WHITE NOT PINK LIKE SHE WANTED,BUT WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM A POWDER COATER ITS
NOW PINK Cheesy Grin Grin
BUT 4 THE PRICE THESE BIKES ARE GREAT
Report Spam   Logged

A BIG THANX TO OUR SPONSOR'S ,  FELT BIKES , BOMBSHELL FORKS,HUBS,RIMS, DOUGO AT BLACKMANS CYCLES,
TIPPO'S CYCLES AT NOWRA, LIPZ PANELZ,HEAL CLOTHIN &
STEEL MX GOGGLES
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 08:25:27 pm »

Hello griffo and welcome aboard  Grin

I have had chats with people at tracks with mixed feeling about them, some say as entry level they are great, the main issue or only issue that people that do not seem to like them is weight. But when you put them up against say SE they are only like .4lbs to 1lbs maximum heavier.

Just a shame the Aussie importer does not bring in the Felt Sector Mini, Junior and Pro models for 2008. I think they are missing the best part of the market for Felt by not importing these models. 
Report Spam   Logged
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2008, 09:01:51 am »

Re: MBK MX540 Carbon
« Reply #14 on: Today at 07:28:04 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Jester on Today at 12:43:17 AM
1.4 kg=3.086472 lb
1.3 kg=2.86601 lb
Supercross EVO S7 pro XXL weighs in @ 2.7 lb
they are made of scandium  alloy they retail @ $799 US
& are the lightest BMX race frame on the market !!
this can be verified on the Supercross website.

though the frame size's doesn't really line up on top tube size to get a good comparrision, there is only about 100grams difference between the EVO S7 XL and the MX525 and about 175grams between the MX540 and EVO S7 XXL. 
Which really at the end of the day will not be cause for concern for riders of my size were loosing a few kg's would be more benificial compared to 175grams in frame weight, though the total mass of the bike does dictate how fast you can accelerate and how well speed can be maintain. 
If you have a look at BMX Plus April 2008 issue, which has a 5 page, 17 Pro interview with their bike spec's with Donny R having the lighest and Mike Day having the heaviest...
But the MX540 looks so much sleeker than the S7 hands down, and there isn't any currently in Australia and very few in the world, so you'd standout from the crowd....

Got this off Ultra, funny all this talk about light frames and the Felt Sector XXL comes in at 1.58 kgs for like about $1300 less then the MX540 Carbon . Put some good gear on the Felt and you have a light strong frame with 3 year warranty.

180 grames between the MX540 and the Felt Sector XXL
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum