OzBMXcentral
March 29, 2024, 06:20:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Please go to our new site at
www.ozbmxcentral.com
and join in. This is now our old site and it closed for read only for our members.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

NSW Calander 2009

Recent Items
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NSW Calander 2009  (Read 229 times)
Phil Kaye

« on: November 23, 2008, 06:28:41 am »

OK guys what do you think of the NSW Calander for next year?
I think that there are nt enough open meetings down this way. They are only allowing for 2 open meetings for southern zone which has the most riders. So who is going to miss out? Liverpool (Masters), Penrith (Supernats), Castle Hill (Orange Blossom), Macarthur (Moonshine), Southlake, Blue Mountains Open.
There are only two open meets for Central zone. SO who is going to miss out? Terrigal (Seaside Classic), Taree (River City Classic), Three Track
And then there are two for the Northern Zone. They get the same amount of open days as the biggest zone. It doesn't really make sense.

Your thoughts?

VIC and QLD have heaps of open days and they too are smaller than NSW
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:31:28 am »

Ourclub calender for next year shows that Blue Moutains still have an Open and the Castle Hill Orange Blossom is on.

Looks like the rest are gone  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
griffo
GRIFFO RACING
Administrator

FELT ME UP BABY

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 08:42:39 am »

We need to put on the FELT/OZBMXCENTRAL OPEN  Afro Afro
Ill find out but there was talk of southlake having theres to
Report Spam   Logged

A BIG THANX TO OUR SPONSOR'S ,  FELT BIKES , BOMBSHELL FORKS,HUBS,RIMS, DOUGO AT BLACKMANS CYCLES,
TIPPO'S CYCLES AT NOWRA, LIPZ PANELZ,HEAL CLOTHIN &
STEEL MX GOGGLES
Phil Kaye

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:45:02 pm »

It really sux. I don't know what NSW BMX is trying to achieve. I can see the other states riders will start to pull away from NSW riders as they are all going to be doing much more racing. Just my thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 01:02:17 pm »

I hear what you are saying Phil, but then will people have the money to spend to travel when they have the Aussies in Perth and then the worlds in Adelaide to get to?

We are not doing either the Aussies or the Worlds as we simply can not afford it so we will be looking at other events to fill in the year. First half is full with the zones and ACT's so that will do us. As for the second half there is nothing but the Mighty 11's in June (of no interest to us) then nothing in July apart from the Worlds and pre-states and we are not going to travel 6 hours just for Pre-states.

Our club is putting on a lot more club days next year as well so we may not need to travel that much. Thats the down fall for being in Canberra as we always need to travel 3 or more hours to do an event within the Southern Region and we are apart of it. I guess we do get a zone every 2nd year but we still travel more as a rule. As money gets tighter the less families will travel I guess and NSW maybe planning for this as low entry numbers will send events/clubs broke.
Report Spam   Logged
Wally
ozbmxcentral.com
Administrator
Gold Member

Ride the BEST ride GHP

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:55:27 pm »

Just been told that if you club is hosting a zone then it can not hold an open event in that same year. This would be why all of these events have been dropped as these clubs are hosting zones I guess.

But then what is the Orange Blossom classed as?

Report Spam   Logged
griffo
GRIFFO RACING
Administrator

FELT ME UP BABY

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 02:05:18 pm »

Just found that out 2. Its a crap calender im more pissed cause i have to work when xbr's on. Cry

Ill have to come down to tuggas 4 a few races, u guys down there should get the regional each year its
great to have one track on sat then the other on sun
Report Spam   Logged

A BIG THANX TO OUR SPONSOR'S ,  FELT BIKES , BOMBSHELL FORKS,HUBS,RIMS, DOUGO AT BLACKMANS CYCLES,
TIPPO'S CYCLES AT NOWRA, LIPZ PANELZ,HEAL CLOTHIN &
STEEL MX GOGGLES
Phil Kaye

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »

Shouldn't clubs be allowed to do what they want. If they want to run an open day in a year why can't they? For example if there is nothing on in November (which there isn't) why can't say Tugga put on an open day here or Melba or Macarthur.

From what I have heard they have done this to try and build up the numbers at the far reaches of the state, but who is going to go all the way up north to race when funding is so tight?

I might go if I can afford it, but yet again it might be more worth my money to go to better events in Vic and Qld.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum